PPP – Self -Assesment
As part of preparing yourself to enter into the world of work you need to be brutally honest and realistic with yourself in terms of your skills, goals, aims etc. To find a job in the industry is hard enough, but you actually need to be good at what you do, in order to find this out you need to:
- Assess the skills you currently have and those you will need to develop.
I have found a website providing me with a very useful way of doing this http://www.theeducators.com/2013/01/03/the-skills-self-assessment-audit/
The Skills Self-Assessment Audit is the process of gathering information about you in order to make an informed decision. Whether it is the very first job you are looking for or you a career change, this is the first step you should take.
You can do this on your own or get help from a career counsellor. If you decide to do the Skill audit test yourself remember to be very honest , there is no contest and nobody is judging you.
First Step: Make your first list (add more to it as you progress)My personality *Are you shy or outgoing? : I can be shy at the beginning but once I start to feel comfortable with people and my surroundings I begin to come out of my shell more, once I reach this point I am very outgoing and have been known to be the life and soul of a party. I do try to force myself to come out of my shell right and the beginning so that I can make the most of an experience and get noticed. *What motivates you? : Money can be a motivation for me, but most of all it’s being able to get a job done thoroughly and on time, I hate letting people down and most of all I hate letting myself down, or disappointing myself knowing that I didn’t work to my best ability. My hunger to succeed and get to the top of the industry also motivates me and looking at those around me who are higher up. *What makes you happy or sad? : I am happiest when I have made someone else happy, I like gaining praise as well as making someone proud. When I know I have done a job badly it leaves me feeling deflated and upset, I sometimes take things on too heavily which means taking work home with me, however, this does show how much I care about work and everything that I do. My interests *What are your hobbies? : My hobbies include photography, running, spending time with family and friends, swimming and playing tennis in the summer. *What do you enjoy doing? : I enjoy learning new things; information, skills, and techniques. I also enjoy spending time with my niece and nephew helping them learn and develop as well as playing with them. I enjoy taking photographs even if not professional, as I like being able to collate a range of memories. My achievements
*In personal life as well as career wise:
– Gaining placements in several places over the past three years as well as taking on my own projects and really trying to develop myself.
– Running the Race for life.
– Securing a place at university and making it through the past three years.
– Finding a media based job over the summer over 2012.
– Having really developed my confidence and can do attitude.*In personal life as well as career wise: My skills – Organisation.
– People skills.
– Self management and group management.
– Writing and blogging skills.
– Competent in Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, and Adobe Premier.
– Technical skills, using various equipment i.e sound, lighting, camera.